Tuesday 1 May 2012

Lets share our top ten books!

As from this week I am starting a book review.  Whilst I have been on forums many parents are looking for suggestions for good books to share with their toddlers and I hope that this will help.

Each Wednesday a book will be chosen (at first from our top ten) to review and fun ways that we have shared the book together will be written on my blog. I hope that everyone feels this is a good idea and will be helpful. 

I would appreciate if you could share books that you have enjoyed so we could try them out. I have taken a picture of our top ten at the moment these books were chosen as I know them off by heart nearly as they are the ones that Little Boo always asks for. Do you have any books to share? There are many ways you can share your top ten either

email me: amy.rhodes@sky.com
Write on facebook wall http://www.facebook.com/InspireImaginationThroughCreation?ref=tn_tnmn
Or comment at the bottom of this post.



I am really looking forward to see how this goes first book to review tomorrow will be Hug by Jez Alborough. 

5 comments:

  1. Here are some suggestions from people on Mumsnet

    Too hard to choose only 10, few that come to mind:
    Slinki Malinki
    Old Shell, New Shell (Helen Ward)
    Harry & Bucketful of Dinosaurs (very first book)

    The Whale and the Snail

    Lost and found by oliver Jeffers
    Penguin by Polly Dunbar

    anything by shirley hughes especially the lucy and tom series and our absolute fave.....Dogger!
    The owl babies
    my naughty little sister series of books
    Spot
    The very hungry caterpillar
    each peach,pear,plum and all the books by the anholts
    roald dahl books especially the one about the sly,naughty crocodile,can't remember exact title!


    all the books Hairy mclary from donaldsons dairy, whole series of them, brilliant for language develpoment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Dogger with me and I planned to buy more books for kids. I think I will buy the ABC's tomorrow too. Anyway, try to read books about kids basic education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful suggestion could you get back to me about the ABC's and let me know how it goes. You may also be interested in the Jane Belk Moncure books she does a book for each letter of the alphabet and numbers 1-10. I was lucky enough that one of my friends children lent Little Boo some of the A-Z books and have now kindly said they will donate them to little Boo. When I get them I will do a review you can see what you think then. Thank you for your comments and I hope that you continue to enjoy looking at our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've read Penguin by Polly Dunbar more times than I can remember, and also Upsy Down Town (I'm not sure of the author offhand) and then the obvious ones like the Gruffalo and all of her books
    And also Dr Seuss for the rhyming and the the Usbourne phonics readers books, both mini monster loves and tries to read herself now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for sharing your books with us my list is growing by the day. Some great suggestions that we have not read yet so I am going to give them a try.

      Delete

I would be happy to hear any comments